Useful Links: MordorBBS Homepage - Twitter Feed - Steam Group - RSS Feed

Minecraft Update!

Minecraft Update!

Postby Psygnal on Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:15 pm

Still having loads of fun with Minecraft, and the multiplayer server has been up and running for some months now uninterrupted. If you want to get in on the action, then you're welcome to join up.

If you already have a Minecraft account, the MordorBBS Minecraft multiplayer world is on the following server:

96.8.119.227:26065

You just plug these numbers into the Minecraft game client, and away you go.

If you don't already have a Minecraft account, you will need to get one and be on the authorised access list to play... so once you've got yourself a copy of Minecraft, you can let me know your username, and you're in. If you're a current user, and have accessed it just fine over the last few weeks, you should have no problems.

As always, if you would like to join the fun, you can get Minecraft from http://www.minecraft.net/

If you want to have a look at what Minecraft is all about, you can check out the rather famous Yogscast youtube channel. http://www.youtube.com/show?p=M-_uPjfjVzc

If you want to see how our world is looking just at the moment, you can go here in your browser: http://96.8.119.227:26066/

Psyg'
"Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?"
Psygnal

Re: Minecraft Update!

Postby Psygnal on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:57 am

Mojang have announced a version 1.3 release date for Minecraft!

Highlights as follows:

Jeb wrote:Players who mainly play in multi-player on servers should enjoy a smoother and more stable experience, as this has been our focus of the development.

We’ve added emeralds, emerald ore and a trading system that makes it possible to buy items from villagers. Villagers will add and remove items depending on what you buy.

We’ve added tripwire, so you can create new traps and contraptions.

We’ve also added new stairs, new half-slabs, cocoa plants and tweaked dispensers, leaves, cauldrons, levers, gravel, pressure plates, cookies, buckets, boats, minecarts, ice, furnaces… Plus you get magic orbs from mining and smelting (and not just killing monsters)!

We’ve also added an extremely basic version of “adventure mode.” We’ll work more on this in future updates.

A full list can be found here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/edstonehelper/c ... xt_update/

Psyg'
"Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?"
Psygnal

Postby Cruin on Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:48 am

I am liking the direction Mojang is heading with the updates. Primarily it seems that they are cleaning up the code since they hired on some new guys to help out. The end goal sounds like they want the code for SP and MP to be the same, which would eliminate the need for Bukkit and such, and make MP modding a ton easier.

Of course, updates have not been very fast, but I'd say there is a lot deeper and vastly more meaningful changes taking place now... you know, rather than just a dragon (which I still have not been arsed enough to bother to check out in the End to this day). Respect to Notch, but I'm very glad he backed off from Minecraft - the fresh perspectives appear to be doing wonders for it.

Heh, though I do love hearing that Nether portals will *leak* pigmen into Overworld. I wonder if they'll be aggressive by default? =)

Cruin
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts. ~ Albert Einstein
Cruin

Postby Psygnal on Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:47 am

I have found a ghast in the normal world, but as far as I'm aware it was nowhere near a portal.
I only caught a glimpse of the thing before a creeper caught me (looking up and running = bad combo) but consider it confirmed.

As for Pigmen... that means my whole portal iris lockout system might be worth the iron after all. :)

Psyg'
Psygnal

Return to Gaming