Useful Links: MordorBBS Homepage - Twitter Feed - Steam Group - RSS Feed

Minecraft 1.2

Minecraft 1.2

Postby Psygnal on Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:12 pm

Minecraft 1.2 is out, and I can confirm that the new changes DO NOT transfer to the existing 1.1 world.
I have created a brand new MordorBBS world, but (and I stress) I have NOT deleted the old one. It remains there, and I am willing to:

(a) Re-enable it if people want it, or
(b) Send it to individuals as a single-player map for their own personal use.

As preferred.

Having said that, the new world looks pretty cool, the cats are fun, and the jungle stuff looks awesome. Also, the way that they've supposedly built the worlds and generators now means that we won't have to reset to get any new features they may happen to bring in.

As always, the MordorBBS Minecraft multiplayer world is on the following server:

96.8.119.227:26065

You will need to have a Minecraft account and be on the authorised access list to play, so if you don't have access, please let me know your username, and you're in. If you've accessed it just fine over the last few weeks, you should have no problems.

As always, if you would like to join the fun, you can get Minecraft from http://www.minecraft.net/

Psyg'
"Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?"
Psygnal

Re: Minecraft 1.2

Postby Psygnal on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:46 pm

The new additions are quite fun. The jungle biome is enjoyable, but I'll admit that I have yet to catch a cat. I know people have, but I'm damned if I can do it. I'm a little way away from a jungle biome at the moment anyway, so it may take a little while before I get back into it.

Now that we've fixed the empty-villages problem, villagers building their own iron golems to defend against zombie attacks is pretty cool, and the new powered light block means that you can have a bit more fun with circuits than was previously possible.

I'm enthused all over again - especially now I've found my favourite little spot on a hill overlooking a bay in the middle of nowhere.

Psyg'
"Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?"
Psygnal

Postby Cruin on Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:52 am

I'm still finding an issue with getting hostile mobs to spawn. Unlike the previous server, I can now get mobs to spawn underground in the dark, but cannot get them to spawn on the surface at night.

It seems that the surface blocks (at least in my little corner of the world) are set at a permanent light-level of 15 for the entire in-game day cycle. This is according to both the debug info as well as as mod that reads light-levels. I'm not sure why this is, or what is causing it - I've done a bit of searching to find an answer with no informative results as yet.

Once I have some time I'll do some traveling and see if the light level is constant across most chunks of the server.

Anyone hear of this before, or does Minecraft just hate me?

Cruin
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts. ~ Albert Einstein
Cruin

Postby Psygnal on Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:29 pm

Hmm. I'm getting mobs spawning just fine around my place. In fact, just the other day I was running up some stairs only to find a creeper running down in the other direction... all in well lit areas. That didn't end well.

There are nowhere near the same numbers as in 1.8b.

However, I've heard other people mention the problem, and I wonder if it's just a bug in MC at the moment - which one will hope they're aware of and working on.

Psyg'
Psygnal

Postby Hobbit on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:13 am

Well, I still haven't got around to getting myself a cat, and the bug with the wolves/dogs is driving me slightly batty, but I am definitely enjoying the landscape in this one a lot more than the last world where the ground seemed to be mainly just a very fine layer over masses of caverns, etc.

What's everyone building at the moment?
"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?" ~W.C. Fields
Hobbit

Postby Cruin on Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:56 pm

Still trying to plan out a second home of sorts.

And some sort of redstone contraption once I figure out what I want it to do.

What's this bug with the wolves?

Cruin
Cruin

Postby Psygnal on Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:18 pm

If you sit a wolf down, sometimes it will wait a while and then teleport to you anyway... so they tend to get in the way if you have several of them - which is a nuisance.

I've just built an iris in my gateroom - though I decided to be nice and redesigned it to be less fatal - so you can actually go back through the gate if the iris is closed. :)

Psyg'
Psygnal

Postby Gawain on Mon May 07, 2012 3:49 pm

I seem to have fallen on the whitelist since I haven't played for a couple of weeks (6 months).

Can you add me back on?
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity!
Gawain

Postby Psygnal on Mon May 07, 2012 4:21 pm

I could have sworn you were still on the list.

Username Gawaincrag ... Or did I misremember this from a different game?

Psyg'
Psygnal

Postby Gawain on Mon May 07, 2012 5:04 pm

Gawainhawk. sometimes i also used Gawaincrag if I have multiple log ins.
Gawain

Postby Psygnal on Mon May 07, 2012 5:35 pm

Gah! Typically, "Down for Maintenance" on the back end of the server. I've added you to the whitelist using one interface, but it's 50/50 whether that one will work for you.

Try it - if you can't get on, let me know and I'll add you manually using the other method.

Psyg'
Psygnal

Postby Gawain on Mon May 07, 2012 6:18 pm

Tested and not working yet.

P.S.: Leave gawaincrag on the list too.

If I buy another copy for Greeble I will use that name.
Gawain

Postby Psygnal on Mon May 07, 2012 10:24 pm

Right, you should have access now. Sorry about the delay.

Psyg'
Psygnal

Postby Cruin on Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:40 pm

What up! How's things going on the server?

Sorry I haven't been around there much, or at all, lately. The little time I've been investing in MC of late has been solely offline with a bunch of mods in action. I sorta miss the online part but I still find the core experience that keeps me interested in MC long-term stems from the depth added by mods.

Anyhow, I've got a friend curious about trying out multiplayer at some point. I suppose he'll need to be whitelisted first. Please and thanks.

ID: fundamentalc

I suppose I should also make a reappearance and continue my constructions sometime soon as well. Before I do, any whiff of anything going sideways with the server that might lead to another world reset or similar catastrophic event?

Cruin
Cruin

Postby Psygnal on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:26 pm

I've been down-country, but everything is running just fine.
I will add your buddy as soon as I get near a "real" computer. :-)

Psyg'
Psygnal

Postby Cruin on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:03 pm

Any progress getting that name added Psyg?

Cruin
Cruin

Postby Psygnal on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:31 pm

I had forgotten. It's done now. Sorry about that.

Psyg'
Psygnal

Return to Gaming