Useful Links: MordorBBS Homepage - Twitter Feed - Steam Group - RSS Feed

Scramble Luftwaffe

Scramble Luftwaffe

Postby Psygnal on Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:09 pm

A pretty strenuous bout of coding over my Christmas holiday has culminated in Scramble, Luftwaffe - an action shooter putting you in the pilot seat of a spitfire, battling the Luftwaffe scourge over Europe.

http://www.mordorbbs.com/temp/scramble.zip

I have not yet managed to test the thing on any PC other than mine and my wife's, but between the two of them, I think I've ironed out most of the bugs. God knows I was pulling my hair out earlier in the week. It's an awful lot harder to debug things once you step away from the friendly Borland Delphi environment I'd grown used to.

It's a very light game... apart from the initial 40mb download.
If you've got 1gb of mem, and are running WinXP or above, you should have no problems... but please do let me know about any weirdnesses.

Psyg'
"Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?"
Psygnal

Re: Scramble Luftwaffe

Postby Psygnal on Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:28 pm

Update:

* Crash bug fix.
* Minor Audio fix.
* Added cloud cover.
* Leveling balance adjustment.
* Fly at different times of day or night.

Psyg'
"Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?"
Psygnal

Postby Psygnal on Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:01 pm

I'm dead-chuffed, so I am. CNET has picked up "Scramble, Luftwaffe!" and posted it for download on download.com - not to mention it being nabbed by a few Torrent sites while they're at it.

Psyg'
Psygnal

Postby Psygnal on Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:59 pm

Ah, good old Softpedia managed to get a screenshot. Damned if I know how they did it, as the bloody thing refuses to screen-cap for me... but for any interested parties...

Psyg'
Psygnal

Return to Gaming