Useful Links: MordorBBS Homepage - Twitter Feed - Steam Group - RSS Feed

The Star Wars that I Used To Know

The Star Wars that I Used To Know

Postby Psygnal on Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:53 pm

Enjoy before it gets removed. :)
I should point out that if you've missed the whole Gotye thing, this is going to make no sense at all.

Psyg'
"Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?"
Psygnal

Re: The Star Wars that I Used To Know

Postby MrBillwulf on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:46 pm

I did miss the Gotye thing, but I watched the original on YouTube. I think this one is actually better in both terms of music and vocals, excepting Kimbra. Speaking of Kimbra, I had never heard of her either, but she has quite a voice.
MrBillwulf
http://mrbillwulf.tumblr.com/
MrBillwulf

Postby Psygnal on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:49 pm

Kimbra is a NZ singer who's a bit of a sensation down here at the moment. Not really my cup of tea, but I guess you can't deny the popularity. Glad to see she's getting recognition on the international stage.

Psyg'
"Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?"
Psygnal

Postby Gawain on Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:54 pm

This is brilliant!
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity!
Gawain

Postby davewasthere on Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:43 am

Gotye is pretty recognised over here. Kimbra, not so much, but I like her.

Harmy's Star Wars Despecialized was released and is meant to 'repair' all the damage done by Lucas. My DVDs are some remastered sort of things with all sorts of naff bits in them that just look wrong. Will have to check out the Despecialized edition. Simon Pegg's given them his stamp of approval. :-)
davewasthere

Postby Psygnal on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:23 pm

I'm happy to have "Digitally Remastered" stuff, or even updated special effects to some extent, but I really didn't like all the extra stuff Lucas added to the original movies.

The worst of the lot was Greedo shooting first - but the Jabba stuff was pretty dire too.
To the point where I won't buy it on DVD/BluRay - even though I was a massive fan for decades.

If I can find a copy of "the original" stuff though, I'll have to get a copy just so I can show it to my little girl. She doesn't even know who Darth Vader is yet. Can you imagine living in a world where you don't know who Darth Vader is? Doesn't bear thinking about.

Psyg'
Psygnal

Return to TV, Movies, Music and Print